The Town | Clock Tower and Administration Buildings
Built in 1880 for the rail car construction factory and executive offices of Pullman's Palace Car Company, this building complex was one of the most beautiful industrial landscapes in America.
In 1991, the State of Illinois purchased the Clock Tower and Administration Building to comprise the Illinois Pullman State Historic Site. The 12.66-acre site is at the northeast corner of 111th Street and Cottage Grove Avenue, directly north of the Hotel Florence.
After standing for 117 years as a Pullman landmark, the Clock Tower and Administration Building were seriously damaged by a tragic fire set by an arsonist on December 1, 1998.
The Illinois Historic Preservation Agency reports that the $3.4 million post-fire stabilization of the buildings is substantially completed. The tower and clock were rebuilt and installed on site in late 2005.
Pullman Foundation - a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
p: 773.785.8901 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org